Wondering if you can subdivide your property? Or do you know what you want to do but need to be guided through the process? We cater to the needs of clients in Wellington, Lower Hutt and Upper Hutt, as well as in Levin and the Kapiti Coast. We can facilitate the entire process from start to finish to make it easy for you. This includes obtaining resource consents and engineering approvals for vehicle access, sewer, stormwater, water supply, power and telecommunications, and then arranging for them to be constructed. And we peg the new boundary pegs and have the boundaries approved by Land Information New Zealand.

Larger subdivisions require good subdivision design and layout and need to reflect urban design principles to create pleasant places to live. We undertake these larger scale subdivisions for our clients, including the design and construction of roading and services.

We also help owners whose cross lease titles need to be updated if it doesn’t properly reflect what’s built on the ground. Sometimes that can be by converting cross lease titles into fee simple titles. We know about unit title and leasehold subdivisions.

Boundaries & Pegs

Don’t know where your boundary pegs are? You disagree with your neighbour about the position of the boundary? Many things that you do on your property are based on knowing the location of the boundary pegs, for instance building a house or a fence. We use GPS and total station technology to complete boundary pegging.

When boundary pegs are placed, a legislative obligation requires land surveyors to officially record those pegs on a plan approved by Land Information New Zealand (LINZ). Pegs must be placed by a Licensed Cadastral Surveyor in terms of the Rules for Cadastral Survey 2010. This boundary information forms a part of the Crown guarantee of title.


Earthworks, Driveways & Drainage

Our land surveyors are experienced at designing earthworks for roading, driveways and building sites, and also designing sewer, stormwater and water supply services for subdivisions and houses. We also prepare construction contract documents, requesting tenders, letting contracts, and managing and supervising construction. We work with a number of local contractors.

Buildings & Construction – Set Out & Monitoring

When new buildings or houses are to be built, they often need to be set out precisely, both the position and height. We are able to set out construction designs from Computer Aided Design (CAD) software to enable these designs to be constructed in the correct location. We also have experience in monitoring construction as it proceeds, to make sure things are built in the right position and at the right height. We also do this for roads, driveways, earthworks, drains and water supply pipes.

Once construction is finished, As Built Plans are often required by our clients and Councils. We are able to locate built features and map them for future reference as required.


Property Mapping & Plans

Do you need to know the shape or contour of your land for a building or construction project? Or do you need to know the location and heights of buildings, driveways and fences etc on your property? We use GPS and total station technology to physically locate these features on your property and plot them on plans or maps (also called a topographical survey plan) in our Computer Aided Design (CAD) package. We provide the CAD maps or plans to your architect, designer, engineer or landscape architect for use in your project.

Resource Consents

If what you want to do with your land isn’t permitted by the District Plan you will need a resource consent. We can assess whether your proposal is permitted or whether you need a resource consent. If you need resource consent we can prepare a resource consent application, lodge it with Council, and work with you to get it approved. A subdivision consent is a type of resource consent.

Resource consents are applications under the Resource Management Act 1991, and most often involve the use of land, but can also involve rivers, streams and water bodies. Consents may be needed from both District Councils and/or Regional Councils.

District Plans often set rules and standards about the relationship of buildings to boundaries. We are able to undertake building height to boundary investigations. We also undertake sunlight and shading studies to present as part of a resource consent application.